Fishing is allowed on the lower level fishing deck. Anyone wishing to fish must have a fishing license. The lower level fishing deck will be closed to fishing when an event is scheduled on the pier and when there is a Movie on the Beach.
To ensure everyone's visit to North Beach is enjoyable, there are certain rules that must be followed. Keep in mind that we are a family-friendly town and have residents and visitors of all ages.
Please make note of the following:
- Lifeguards are NOT present. Swim at your own risk.
- Your leashed pet is welcome on the boardwalk but is not allowed on the beach. If your pet is found on the beach, you may face fines up to $500 per incident.
- Amplified music is prohibited on beach, pier or boardwalk.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, parking areas, restrooms, etc.
- Fishing is permitted in the designated areas only.
- Fires, cooking and grilling are prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, park, parking areas, etc.
- No tents or tent-like structures are permitted.
- You may bring coolers on the beach that have a volume of 9 quarts or less. Large coolers are permitted on the lower level fishing pier for bait and catch only.
- Please refrain from bringing glass on beach or fishing pier as it poses a hazard if broken.
- Motor vehicles, bicycles, skates, skateboards, rollerblades or roller skates are not allowed on boardwalk or pier.
- You may not camp or sleep overnight on beach, pier, boardwalk, park, parking lot, etc.
- No fish cleaning on beach, pier, fishing deck, boardwalk, park or parking lot.
- Thongs, g-strings, Swiss strings or micro bikinis are not permitted anywhere in the waterfront area.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior at all times.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Disorderly, ill-mannered conduct or drunkenness will not be tolerated and will result in dismissal from the beach areas.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- Please refrain from smoking on the beach.
- No loitering.
Thank you for keeping our beach area clean and safe for everyone!
(Fishing pier closes at dark.)
- Two poles maximum per person
- North Beach/Calvert County Residents: Free. (Must show proof of Calvert County residency.)
- Out of County Visitors: 1st Pole & 2nd Pole - Inquire at Welcome Center.
NOTES: Beach and Fishing Fees are to be paid at the Welcome Center. The pier will be closed to fishing at 7:00 pm when there is a Movie on the Beach. Cash, Visa or Mastercard accepted for payment. ATM is located on boardwalk at Welcome Center. Restrooms, public showers and changing rooms are located behind Welcome Center.