The mission of the North Beach Stormwater and Flood Mitigation Advisory Committee (SFMAC) is to provide advice and counsel regarding stormwater and flood issues and to assist with any implementation plans to improve the Town of North Beach’s resistance to flooding by identifying actions that reduce stormwater and flooding impacts to residential and commercial structures and infrastructure; and by identifying projected impacts of sea level rise scenarios at 2050 and 2100.
This mission will be attained by working with the Town Government and residents to:
- Identify stormwater and flood issues specific to The Town of North Beach and recommend mitigation measures, both short- and long-term, to address flooding in the Town of North Beach;
- Identify the implications of sea level rise/land subsidence to The Town of North Beach and recommend mitigation measures, both short and long-term, to address potential sea level rise/land subsidence impacts to The Town of North Beach;
- Develop a Town of North Beach Stormwater and Flood Mitigation Plan that will serve as a planning tool to address flood issues in the Town of North Beach; and
- Develop a SFMAC Communications Plan to serve as a roadmap for keeping residents informed of Committee matters.
- Members who are Town residents and/or property owners and are appointed by the Mayor for a three-year term.
- A Committee Chair will be appointed.
- A Committee Secretary will be appointed.
- The frequency and timing of Committee Meetings will be determined by the Mayor.
- The Committee will work directly with the Director of Public Works and the Town Engineer.
- The Committee is subject the Maryland Open Meetings Law and all agendas and minutes must be provided to Town Clerk by the Committee Chair for distribution and posting.