To ensure everyone's visit to North Beach is enjoyable, there are certain rules that must be followed. Keep in mind that we are a family-friendly town and have residents and visitors of all ages.
Please make note of the following:
- Lifeguards are NOT present. Swim at your own risk.
- Your leashed pet is welcome on the boardwalk but is not allowed on the beach. If your pet is found on the beach, you may face fines up to $500 per incident.
- No smoking or vaping on the beach areas or in the park areas. You may face fines up to $500 per incident.
- Amplified music is prohibited on beach, pier or boardwalk.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, parking areas, restrooms, etc.
- Fishing is permitted in the designated areas only.
- Fires, cooking and grilling are prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, park, parking areas, etc.
- No tents or tent-like structures, canopies, pop-ups, shade screens are permitted. Umbrellas and single infant covers are allowed.
- You may bring coolers on the beach that have a volume of 9 quarts or less. Tables are prohibited. Large coolers are permitted on the lower level fishing pier for bait and catch only.
- Please refrain from bringing glass on beach or fishing pier as it poses a hazard if broken.
- Motor vehicles, bicycles, skates, skateboards, rollerblades or roller skates are not allowed on boardwalk or pier.
- You may not camp or sleep overnight on beach, pier, boardwalk, park, parking lot, etc.
- No fish cleaning on beach, pier, fishing deck, boardwalk, park or parking lot.
- Thongs, g-strings, Swiss strings or micro bikinis are not permitted on the beach, pier, boardwalk, park or parking lot.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior at all times.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Disorderly, ill-mannered conduct or drunkenness will not be tolerated and will result in dismissal from the beach areas.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- No loitering.
- Rented inner tubes must remain in the swimming area.
- Beach closes at dark or at 8 pm, whichever comes first.
- No refunds, rainchecks, no guarantees.
Thank you for keeping our beach area clean and safe for everyone!
North Beach Residents: Free. (Must show proof of residency within Town limits.)
Out of County Visitors
|Children 2 and under||Free|
|Seniors 55 and up||$9.00|
|Season Pass Adults / Children||$120.00 / $100.00|
|Family Season Pass (5 people max)||$400.00|
Calvert County Residents (Must show proof of Calvert County residency.)
|Children 2 and under||Free|
|Seniors 55 and up||$4.00|
|Season Pass Adults / Children||$50.00 / $25.00|
|Family Season Pass (5 people max)||$200.00|
Paddle or Pedal Fees
|Type||Hourly Rental||Daily Rental|
|Stand Up Paddleboard||$20.00||$60.00|
NOTES: Fishermen must have a valid Maryland state fishing license. The Fishing Pass is not your license. Beach and Fishing Fees are to be paid at the Welcome Center. The pier will be closed to fishing at 7:00 pm when there is a Movie on the Beach. Cash, Visa or Mastercard accepted for payment. ATM is located on boardwalk at Welcome Center. Restrooms, public showers and changing rooms are located behind Welcome Center.