The beach is open from 8 am until dusk and will close occasionally for inclement weather. In 2019, beach passes that were issued to residents were valid for five years. If you are a resident of the incorporated limits of the Town of North Beach and are still in possession of your beach pass that was issued in 2019, you do not need to apply for a pass this year.
BEACH PASSES ARE NOT NECESSARY FROM OCTOBER THROUGH APRIL!
If you reside outside of the incorporated limits of the Town of North Beach, you must purchase your beach pass on Click Tickets!
The bathrooms at the Welcome Center are open year round: from 6 am to dusk from April through September; and, 8 am to dusk from October through March. The bathrooms may be closed due to inclement weather. See below for other policies and rental information.
To ensure everyone's visit to North Beach is enjoyable, there are certain rules that must be followed. Keep in mind that we are a family-friendly town and have residents and visitors of all ages.
Please make note of the following:
- Lifeguards are NOT present. Swim at your own risk.
- Your leashed pet is welcome on the boardwalk but is not allowed on the beach. If your pet is found on the beach, you may face fines up to $500 per incident.
- No smoking or vaping on the beach areas or in the park areas. You may face fines up to $500 per incident.
- Amplified music is prohibited on beach, pier or boardwalk.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, parking areas, restrooms, etc.
- Fishing is permitted in the designated areas only.
- Fires, cooking and grilling are prohibited on the beach, fishing deck, boardwalk, roadways, park, parking areas, etc.
- No tents or tent-like structures, canopies, pop-ups, shade screens are permitted. Umbrellas and single infant covers are allowed.
- You may bring coolers on the beach that have a volume of 9 quarts or less. Tables are prohibited. Large coolers are permitted on the lower level fishing pier for bait and catch only.
- Please refrain from bringing glass on beach or fishing pier as it poses a hazard if broken.
- Motor vehicles, bicycles, skates, skateboards, rollerblades or roller skates are not allowed on boardwalk or pier.
- You may not camp or sleep overnight on beach, pier, boardwalk, park, parking lot, etc.
- No fish cleaning on beach, pier, fishing deck, boardwalk, park or parking lot.
- Thongs, g-strings, Swiss strings or micro bikinis are not permitted on the beach, pier, boardwalk, park or parking lot.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior at all times.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Disorderly, ill-mannered conduct or drunkenness will not be tolerated and will result in dismissal from the beach areas.
- Please do not feed the wildlife.
- No loitering.
- Rented inner tubes must remain in the swimming area.
- Beach closes at dark or at 8 pm, whichever comes first.
- No refunds, rainchecks, no guarantees.
Thank you for keeping our beach area clean and safe for everyone!
North Beach Residents: Free. (Must show proof of residency within Town limits.)
Out of County Visitors
|Children 2 and under||Free|
|Seniors 55 and up||$9.00|
Calvert County Residents (Must show proof of Calvert County residency.)
|Children 2 and under||Free|
|Seniors 55 and up||$6.00|
|Low Beach Chair||$10.00|
|High Beach Chair||$15.00|
|Inner Tubes||Hourly: $10.00 / Daily: $30.00|